Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cold Weather Update

The freeze is here, and I don't need to talk about it aside from saying that I am thankful that I had a hundred pounds of sand in the car today. After work I was not going to make it out of the parking lot due to the ice. I poured that sand all over and made it out no sweat.
.
Been holed up watching bad movies, worse TV and eating what we have left in the house. Listening to a lot of cold weather music. Low, Bon Iver and the 1st Testface record. Good stuff all of it. Brrr. School was cancelled yesterday on account of the snow and it's looking like it might be cancelled Thursday and Friday. I don't especially need to go to work tomorrow either. I've read everything I have in the house and I haven't ridden my bike in a week. I gotta say, I'm feeling shut in. So it goes. Time for some hot chocolate. Stay warm out there.

1 comment:

Big Boss said...

We got a big freeze here as well. Dropped from the lower 50's to the upper... 1's? It went from 52 to 8. In about 8 hours. Then I got to work outside at my job. Luckily they only made me go out for about 25 minutes, but it was still quite chilly.

I've never seen a freezing rain before. You get them pretty often out there right?