Saturday, February 14, 2009

Turn off the T.V. and burn the newspapers

so the stimulus package has passed. It's not what the president asked for, but it's huge. According to OPB, the rest of the world is pissed at America because our financial turmoil is indicative of a larger problem and nobody wants to acknowledge the fact that they are also in the shit pool. Everybody is blaming the U.S. for this very serious problem. 
.
What a mess. Bush delivered us to the precipice and laughed his way back to Texas. Here we sit, waiting for somebody to take the initiative on getting us near a solution. Obama can do it, but right now everybody is so tense.
.
The other day, I was told that my sculpture is anachronistic. I want to be a potter. In this day and age, how is it possible that wanting to be a craftsman could be anything but out of time? Arrghh.

2 comments:

Big Boss said...

Anachronistic? Throughout history you've always had your militiamen, your lawmen, your clergy, your laborers, and your artisans. We still have all of those today, so to say that you belong in some time before the present... I dunno, it's just incorrect. Artists are always needed and appreciated.

Still wondering what your plans are concerning St. George. I want to get out of here for awhile really bad and it would be fantastic to see you. Let me know soon so I can request the days off.

Tractor Operator said...

There are some very clear and recognizable isms when it comes to art. They're generally assigned to a specific time in history. My professor was pointing out that my work looks like something that has already been done. I agree that artists are needed. Teachers too.