Saturday, April 18, 2009

SUNSHINE!!!

The sun is shining and band practice starts in an hour. Gus is in the back yard barking at squirrels. Tiffani is sitting on the couch eating pastries and drinking coffee with our good friend Michelle. Later today I might build a fence. Even later than that, we'll go have cocktails for Tiffani's birthday celebration.
.
Dave and Tami are in town. We had cocktails last night for his birthday. I forget that people think it's alright to shout "CHUG CHUG CHUG" at the bar. I mean, really? They had a room at the ACE Hotel. That place is awesome.
.
Yesterday I took Gus for a run on my bicycle. He sometimes freaks out about people on their bikes, but he was just fine. Later, we hit up the dog park, where he was a very good boy.
.
We weren't able to pour bronze this week after all. I arrived at class on Tuesday to find our investments already poured. Apparently the burnout kiln shut down prematurely and everybody had to scramble to address the situation. We try to pour the bronze when the investments are at our around 500 degrees. If they aren't hot, they'll pop when the hot metal hits them. When the kiln shut down, the investments were in danger of cooling. It's a bad idea to reheat an investment so they just poured them. I was pretty bummed, but they turned out alright.
.
My Mom had her gall bladder removed yesterday. Really, it just takes up space. That means that her transplant will be delayed - again.

No comments: