Sunday, May 17, 2009

Half a sunburn

I haven't written a song in months. This is perhaps longer than I've ever gone without something new. I guess I don't have much to say. The thought of playing guitar is not very appealing to me. Some snippets of lines have been gathering in notebooks and sketchbooks, but without an impetus to create I'm finding myself resigned to waiting this dry spell out. I half hope that I'll feel like playing guitar soon. I've even been tossing around the idea of selling a guitar to buy a kayak.
.
The weather here in Portland is amazing lately. I have half a sunburnt arm. We went kayaking yesterday and I ran out of sunblock after applying it to most of my body. It's pretty burnt and the fact that it's such a small part of my body makes it all the more apparent.
.
My mom is undergoing the procedure that she has been waiting for. It seems like she's been waiting for so long, but I guess it's only been about 4 months. If all goes well, she'll be healthy and happy in Boise in less than 100 days. That would mean that Leisa gets to go home too. That would make her so happy.

1 comment:

Big Boss said...

I'm glad to hear that things are progressing positively for your mom. Things aren't so positive on my end, with my friend's cancer. It came back with a vengeance and it's at stage 4 right now. She'll have surgery next month, but probably only has a year or two to live. Says the doctors. Who knows what will happen?

When it comes to writing songs, remember what you told me once: In a class of students who got to choose to produce either a large quantity of work, or a small amount of high quality work, the former group created more, and often better work than those that waited around to selectively cater to inspiration.