Saturday, October 31, 2009

Brockton, Mass

Had my years supply of fast food yesterday in Airports. First a quick Wendy's hamburger in the Portland Airport, then after an uneventful flight to Chicago, and a really terribly windy landing, a cheeseburger from McDonalds at the Midway Airport. I had a beer in the airport that was made in Chicago. I think it was called "315". It was wheat-y. The flight to Providence was kind of lame. I was seated next to a family with a baby. I had purchased a copy of Fahrenheit 451 in Portland and I finished it on the takeoff from Providence. Right about the time I finished the book, the dad started snoring next to me. Lame. Luckily I had headphones and a bloody mary. Arrived in Providence, got the car and drove to Brockton. Traffic was bad, but I made it safely to Mike's place. He was up still, which is impressive cause he is a teacher. By the time we both fell asleep at close to 6am, I think he had been up for about 24 hours. A few beers, some good tunes and lots of talking eventually led to a Ramones documentary and some restful sleep.
.
Eggs, potatoes, black beans and some veggie sausage with toast for breakfast plus two pints of coffee had us on a motorcycle flying through the autumnal bliss of east coast and 65 degrees. Stopped into the Fuller Craft Museum to try for a sneak at the new Warren MacKenzie exhibit. No luck on a walk through, but we watched as they put up the fonts and set out some of the most beautiful pots I've seen. Most surprising to me was the scale. I didn't realize that some of those pieces are so large. I like big pots, and to me MacKenzie's work seems perfect at any scale, but I was really surprised and delighted to see large beautiful shapes. I wanted very badly to pick them up and turn them around. They really becon the veiwer to interact.
.
Scary music and trick or treaters. Horror flicks in an hour. A Yankees win and good company tonight. Fragment sentences and kids in the street. Brockton, Mass.

1 comment:

burns blogger said...

Like the blog, whether you open the blinds and keep the shut depends on the mood your in.