Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I am proud of America!

I'm exhausted! I can't sleep because I'm so damn excited! For the first time in my life, and mind you, I've voted a few times now for the office of the President, I've voted for the winner. Before now, I've felt cynical about the process and my options when it came to the office. So often the choice is made between the lesser of two evils. Tonight as I watched McCain's speech, I thought to myself, "Well, he isn't so bad." Then, watching Obama, my President, I felt elevated! I felt like I was capable of contributing to something important. I felt inspired to do better. I felt inspired to be better. The possibilities are riveting! My imagination is running wild with ways to honor this occasion when America finally honored the concept of Civil Rights and Equality, not by electing the first African-American President, but by electing the right person for the job; by electing the best person for the job. I am proud to be on the winning side, because for once, the winning side is better than the lesser of two evils. Barack Obama represents the possibility of America to affect positive change in the world. He represents a youthful optimism, a devotion to principal and a strength reserved for men free from the constraints of precedent. Barack Obama has proven that he can maintain his ability to inspire, as well as his demonstration over the last 21 months that he is not afraid of hard work. I'm concerned about the difficulties his Presidency presents, but I'm not afraid for us or him; I am confident that I voted for somebody who is not only capable of carrying out the duties of the position, but who is capable of thriving in the office. Barack Obama. Barack Obama. Barack Obama.

1 comment:

Big Boss said...

I am, so beyond excited right now. You've pretty much summed up exactly how I feel. You know, the other night when his 30 minute infomercial ad ran, was probably the first time I've felt hopeful about a presidential candidate (Hopeful in a long time, period. I was giddy, even.). Granted, I'm young and haven't seen much in the way of politics, but after years and years of being embarrassed by the representative of our country, now I can finally say that I support the person that is calling the shots. Think of how things could improve!