Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Building an Army

Eddy Merckx was called the Cannibal and is widely considered the greatest cyclist of all time.







I learned how to make molds using Silicone Caulk. I made models out of plastilina then created molds. I'm working with wax right now and looking forward to investing these in two weeks. It's looking like we definitely are not going to be casting any molten metal this term, despite the title of the class, which is casting. . . I started casting my concrete sections this weekend. That is a much less interesting and aesthetically striking part of the process, but still very important. I'll be continuing this work for the next two weeks and then I get to assemble the whole thing. Should be interesting to see if it works the way I want it to. I was planning on using a stump for a base of my concrete and steel form, but I just realized that my stumps have termites. I'm not really sure what that means aside from, I don't want to introduce termites to someone's house, regardless of the fact that the vessel would be a piece of art. Improvisation is exciting.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: