Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Weirdness

It's really coming down today in Portland. There are flood advisories in effect and it's a dismal gray out. Yesterday was Veteran's Day and school was cancelled. I took the opportunity to try to find some rain gear. I have been getting soaked on my way to school lately and I figured that enough is enough. I ride 8 miles to school and by the 2nd mile, I'm not cold, just wet. The trick to finding the right rain gear is to find something that won't heat you up, but will keep you dry. The problem with a lot of the stuff out there in my price-range is that by the time I get to my destination, I've sweated so much that I'm just as wet as if I hadn't worn anything at all. . . 
.
Bike Snob has been good lately, I read his blog everyday. Today he introduced a new system for dealing with the world, which basically breaks down to - take the anger away, and look at things that are messed up as weird, then you don't get mad. . . Or something. I'm thinking it's pretty weird that nobody in this school district communicates with one another. Hence, I'm sitting here for three hours twice a week without a student to assist, or anybody to help. Frustration would be my natural feeling, but I'm taking frustrating circumstances and applying Bike Snob's equation and now I just feel weird. Maybe more coffee will help.
.
I'm excited about the show coming up on November 23rd. It's gonna be a doozy.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I've been totally soaked riding to work...I pack an extra outfit to change into and hang my stuff to dry. But it takes 8 hours to dry so you probably can't do that. Let me know if you find good gear!