Sunday, September 21, 2008

Run a 5k, get a foot rub. . .

It was still night when we got up to go run Race For The Cure. We rode our bikes downtown in the dark. The streets were wet and the city was so still and peaceful. It was nice to ride past homes where people were waking up and starting their day. Some were making tea or sitting at their kitchen tables reading the paper. It was easy to see what they were up to at a glance. By the time we made it to waterfront park, the sky was turning a dull gray. I had to pick up my bib and timing chip for the race so I went to get it and after they told me they didn't have anything in my name, I remembered that I signed up as Tractor Operator and not Eric. Apparently, they thought it was a joke. We connected with Tiff's school folks. A couple of her co-workers are battling Cancer right now, so they all got together and walked the One-Mile option. My race started at 7:30 and they started at 8:00 so I was able to run my 5k and then walk their mile with them. Tiff says it's a good idea to find somebody and stay with them for their pace, I tried to find somebody with a cute butt and a good pace to follow, but all the cute butts were moving slower than I wanted. The benefit of that situation is that I saw a lot of cute butts rather than just one.
.
After the race, we ate breakfast at Zells. Zells is on 13th and Morrison. They do a good job with straight up American breakfast. I had a corned beef hash and Tiff had the 2&2&2, which is 2 eggs, 2 pancakes and 2 pieces of protein(bacon, sausage, chx sausage etc. . .) My CBH was tasty and well done. The eggs were cooked to perfection on top of their house made corned beef and hashbrowns. Neither of us had potatoes, which is a shame, because their potatoes are always delicious. I know that hashbrowns are potatoes, I mean home-fries type potatoes.
.
Now that we're home and have cleaned the house, it's an episode of Dexter and then some grocery shopping. Maybe a nap, I'm beat.

No comments: